8th Kyu (Yellow) 5th Kyu (Blue) 2nd Kyu (Brown)
7th Kyu (Orange) 4th Kyu (Purple) 1st Kyu (Brown)
6th Kyu (Green) 3rd Kyu (Brown) Shodan (Black)
The Instructor Trainee Program is the official instructor-training program of the IKO. The program is open to registered members who are at least 22 years of age or older, and Nidan or above. Trainee classes are held once a month at each Regional Headquarters.
For successful completion of the program trainees must meet the following criteria:
- Trainees are required to pass the third degree black belt examination of his/her training.
- Trainees are required to attend two Master Camps (Master Camp is held for one week annually during the first or second week of June.).
- Trainees are required to submit research papers, specified in the Trainee Manual when all class requirements have been met.
- Trainees are required to pass the Judges examination, which consists of one written and one performance portion, and is administered each year at the IKO Master Camp, the IKO/USA National
- Tournament, and any IKO International Tournament.
- Trainees are required to participate as a judge in three IKO sponsored tournaments each year
All interested individuals should check with their Regional Director before applying to the Instructor Trainee Program. Additional rules and regulations of the Instructor Trainee Program are specified in the Instructor Trainee Manual attained upon joining the program.